History


by Zaxxon


It was the blast that was felt around the world. But whose repercussions would be felt for centuries to come.

August Six, Nineteen Forty-Five, a date that would be remembered by all, for different reasons.

Muggle and Wizard alike all felt the denotation of the first mage-bomb explosion over the city of Hiroshima, Japan. What the Muggles did not know was that the explosion over Hiroshima also shattered almost all the wards and spell matrices in and immediate area around Japan. Even those beyond Japanese borders were greatly weakened.

Three days later, the second mage-bomb was denotated over Nagisaki, Japan. Those wards that were weakened by the first mage-bomb then shattered completely by the second.

As one could expect, magical chaos reigned in Japan. Especially as the Japanese Imperial Academy of Magic was located in Hiroshima and the governing body of Magical Japan was located in Nagisaki. As well as the majority of the Japanese Wizard population lived in either city.

Two supposely indestructable institutes were vaporized by a Muggle invention in less than a blink of an eye. So it was understandable how the Wizard World just could not comprehend what had happened, and more importantly the implications those two events would release. After all, they were just mere Muggles, as everyone knew, completely magic-less. Even within the Wizard World, being able to completely destroy a city with but a single spell was something out of the legends of the Sorceresses Wars of Ancient Times.

As was the case in many such situations, Incomprehension lead to disbelief, which lead to massive denial. Plus, as there were an insurgence of magical creatures and demonic beings to deal with. So there was very little time for an actual Wizard investigation into the matters.

Since the Wizard World was so preoccupied with the fall-out of the mage-bombs, it was understandable that they missed two key elements that year. First, with the proof of magic, thanks to the Merlin Project, Muggles started to develop their own form of magic. Or rather, magic-powered devices. While Muggles lacked the ability to directly control magic, after all they were Muggles, they could summon, for a lack of better word, a flow of magic and use it much like electricity.

No longer restricted by energy consumation, Muggle technology experienced a boom unlike any before.

The second key event was the seizure of Nazi documents. Among the many documents were proof of a secret, elitist magical societies hidden among regular humans all over the world. Apparently, the Muggle Hitler's interest in Magic, which prompted the creation of the Merlin Project in the first place, was the result of his need to control and manipulate all that was around him. That which he could not control, he destroyed, so he ordered the created of quasi-secret Nazi Anti-Wizard Elimination Squads. These squads practically destroy all of German Wizard society and surrounding magical governments.

Only those that heeded Professor Wolfgang Grindelwald's warning of the Dark Times the Nazi would bring upon the World survived the Magical Genocide in Europe. Fortunately, while many in both Magical and Muggle England did not believe him of the dangers of Hilter, Grindelwald was able to assemble a group of freedom fighters consisting of Wizards, Squibs, and Muggles. Branded a Dark Lord by the British Ministry of Magic for breaking the International Statue of Secrecy and his thought of draconian beliefs, many European Magical Communities were only saved through his actions, giving him the title of Savior of Europe. The toil of the Dark Arts that Grindelwald was forced to employ against the vastly numerically superior Nazis reached an zenith when he learned of the British betrayal against him causing his mind to snap and spiral down into insanity. Fortunately, in a rare moment of clarity, he was able to talk Professor Dumbledore into helping him committing suicide.

Thinks started to come to a head in the Fifties, as the Wizard World did not handle the new Muggle's inventions that were powered by magic very well. Actually, they handled the situation in their usual manner, the same way they had done for centuries, confiscate the enchanted item and Oblivate the Muggle victim. That the item in question had never before been touched by a Wizard never entered the Oblivation Squad's minds. Worse, several Muggles had to be Oblviated repeatedly, not that the Oblivators realized it, and an immunity to the Oblivation started to become common. Many of the over-worked Oblivators and Investigating Wizards where not nice as they went about their job, nor willing to accept that a magical-powered device could be anything but Wizard-enchanted. This, plus, the effect of large amount of unshielded magic in a small area, began an unknown, subconscious uneasy feeling among the Muggles. As well as several Muggle investigations into what was occurring.

These happenance continued into the Sixties, and gave birth to the Magic Girl phenomenon. Who first coined the term, no one knows, but the term was applied to any female, regardless of age, who could seemingly wield powers or abilities beyond mere mortals. In the early Sixties, there were but a handful, majority of them within Japan, followed by the United States, and scattered throughtout the rest of the world, in scattered throughout the world in proportion to the use of magic-powered technology.

Rumors of a Magic Girl breeding program and a rebellion of Magic Girls around Jusenkyou Distinct of China began to surface.

In America, several Women's Rights organizations adopted several Magic Girls as their idols and spoke-Magic Girl.

Several New Age Religions, focusing on the Earth Mother or Mother-Goddess dominate, began to rise in America and Europe, based on the fact that no Magic Boy had been cited as well as the growing popularity of the Magic Girls.

Within the Wizard World, Magic Girls were considered nothing more than ignorant, barbaric, self-taught Muggle-born Witches too dangerous to allow into proper Wizard Society. Many attributed and blamed several Dark Arts activities, as well as Muggle knowledge of Magic, to the Magic Girls, thus demonizing Magic Girls within the Wizard World even more.

By the Seventies, everyone had a favorite sports team/player and Magic Girl/group. Magic Girls were more famous and marketable then Hollywood Stars. True, a few Magic Boys had been sighted, but many believed them to be mere urban legends or cross-dressing Magic Girls. Furries, humans with heavy animalistic appearances or humanoid animals, also became to known to the mainstream populace, as the reported number of cases grew.

Within the Wizard World, Furries were labeled were-creatures, and dealt with accordingly. Bringing them into conflict with several Magic Girl groups, once again.

With the growing tension between Magic Girls, among themselves, and with the hidden Wizard World, as well as sheer number of Magic Girls, Magic Girl Battles became very common, as well as, alliances among the Magic Girls. Plus, many Magic Girls, who believed in the New Age Religions, felt it was their sacred duty to begin Love and Justice to the corrupt Governments around the world.

Thus began was came to be called the Magic Girl Wars.

The Magic Girl Wars, heaviest in Japan, reaches all over the World, battles between Magic Girl groups, "corrupt" Governments and their Armies, Demonic creatures, Dark Wizards and Witches, Were-Creatures, Monster of the Week, and the occassional Alien-From-Outerspace.

Regardless of the opponent, Magic Girl battles left unpaid collateral damage and hospital bills for innocent by-standers.

That plus the smear campaign that several groups of bad Magic Girl jealous of the awe and respect that good Magic Girl got, all came to ahead one February Fourteenth in Nineteen Eighty-Four, some say it was the Fourteenth while ohers think it was Fifteenth. Either way, the outcome of the battle fought brought an outcry from the population to the extent that by the end of February, the Magic Girl Control Act (MGCA) was passed.

The Magic Girl Control Act was a law that attempted to just that. It was felt that if the Magic Girl could not, or would not, control herself, then it was up to the Government, or its appointment representative/private, law-abiding citizen, to control the Magic Girl. Of course, this meant that Magic Girls would lose what rights they had as Citizens, but many Magic Girls had publicly denounced their "narrow-minded" Citizenships anyway, it did not gain much notice.

By April of that year, many other countries followed Japan's lead and passed similiar laws, to various degrees.

The United States was unique in not jumping on the MGCA band-wagon as many other nations had.

In May of that year, a Magic Girl, Codenamed: Pandora, came to the United State seeking political asylum from what she referred to as kinky, bondage insanity that had gripped her nation. After a massive campaigning by various Women's Groups and massive retelling of Pandora's plight, she was granted asylum. Two weeks after which, American Scientists and Engineers were able to remove the control collar from Pandora.

In thanks for her new freedom, Pandora destroyed the undisclosed city somewhere in Californian area, and went on a killing spree the likes of which had never been seen or duplicated since.

Pandora was only stop by Team Saotome from SPEAR (Special Power Enforcement and Research). Ranma Saotome, an Empowered Male, and his team of twelve Magic Girls, and five Furries, fought Pandora for several days, before bringing Pandora to Justice.

Nabiki Tendo gave a brief bio on her fiance and his Magic Girls, generating great interest in such an interesting character and his situation. His Magic Girls were assigned to him because nine of them, collectively called the Sailor Senshi, were arranged to marry him, and three others were those he had kept after their capture and processing. Nabiki had exampled to the American public (and the World), how any free Magic Girl could be collared or reported by any private citizen in good standing, including background criminal check, and obtained for themselves. But a Magic Girl who was apart of an arranged marriage was exempt from that Law, although, she would be considered the property and responsbility of her Husband under the MGCA. Thus, those mothers of Magic Girls quickly sought to make an arranged marriage with a respectable gentleman in hopes of protecting their daughters.

Investigations into the Pandora Incident revealed that most Women's Groups feared that something like the MGCA might come about if the full truth was known about Magic Girls, so they had been down-playing and covering up Magic Girl battles almost from their first public appearances in the Sixties.

With such sense of betrayal, the Thirteenth and Nineteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution were easily revised by the Twenty-Seventh Amendment which incorporated the MGCA into American Law, which passed with a huge majority.

SPEAR quickly become an international organization, recognized in all American and Japanese Allied Countries as well as the United Nations. Its charter states that it's charged with the enforcement of the MGCA, and research into magic and other fields of Power. There are some that say that there are other duties that SPEAR is involved in, but any such rumors are denied.


Previous Index Next