Bonds of Magic

Part 06

#INCLUDE <std_disclaimer/alternate_universe>
#INCLUDE <std_disclaimer/harry_potter>
Version: 0.3
Beta-Readers: pfeil and chichi
Zaxxon's Beta Reader List


As Harry Potter walked off to class with Neville Longbottom to his right and slightly behind and Ron Weasley to his left, he did not know the frenzy he had effected as various Ravenclaws and Pure-Bloods from the other three houses had descended upon the Library hunting for the books he had mentioned. Many felt, correctly, that such books would be gold-mines of information. It also occurred to several Ravenclaws that if the Ministry's information on the Heritage Ritual was wrong, then it was possible that they were wrong on other important matters as well. The few students who were Pro-Ministry went looking for contemporaries of the Enchanter Tacitus or even older works to defend the Ministry's position and refute Tacitus's work.

But Harry and his friends were unaware of the headaches unleashed upon Madam Pince, the Hogwarts Librarian, as she had to deal with all the students running amok in her queendom. She nearly had several heart-attacks as many of the students were fighting over several of some of her oldest friends, to whose defence she leapt with her wand blazing, worthy of her former Warrior-Witch days.

Harry was equally unaware of how the Magical Suits of Armor that lined the various hallways of Hogwarts stood straighter, no longer resting their weight upon their swords, but ready to be called upon for duty once more.

Harry and the rest were more interested in getting to class on time than in the nuances of the Magical Armor of the Wizard-Knights of Old. They accomplished this with a just bit of time to spare. Harry had waited for Ron, thus delaying the rest who had waited for him. Each of them took their seats and awaited Professor McGonagall.

Their wait was short and class quickly began. The class was but another continuation of reviewing the OWL-level material because there were several students, Ron included, that were having problems with the practical side of the material.

Unfortunately, Professor McGonagall had to follow the "Ministry of Magic's Proper Guidelines for the Proper Teaching of Young Wizards and Witches in the Proper Usage of Magic, Version six thousand eight hundred fifty stroke ninety two stroke fifty-four" which stated that the class as a whole could not move on to any new material until all the students grasped the old material. It was part of Minister Milicent Bagnold's no student left behind campaign promise that got her elected back in the seventies. Not that her program was any different from any previous Minister's. The only thing that had changed in the past several decades was merely the catch-phrase name for the program.

In Ron's case, it was just his laziness catching up with him. He lacked the familiarity with the magic as well as lacked a bit of confidence in his own magic. For the others, it was simply not being able to make the transition from memorizing the textbook to truly making it their own magic. OWL-Level classes could be thought of as showing a child how to stand and to take a small step forward, while NEWT-Level classes were just telling someone where they should end up and not giving them enough time to walk the distance. Many people could never figure out how to run with their magic, or were satisfied with just walking slowly with it, which why only about a third of those with sufficient grades continued on to their NEWTS; the rest either got an apprenticeship or joined the family business.

It was frustrating for himself, Professor McGonagall, and the rest of the class as a whole. It was not the case that those students could not do the required magic, it was simply they could not figure out how to get their magic to flow smoothly and quickly to the degree that the NEWTs required. That could only be done through practice and determination.

Once he was aware of such, Harry had only needed a few hours to get his magic flowing correctly. Most of the students in the class had also gotten it within a few of the double class periods.

He was concentrating on helping Ron with his flow, so he was a bit startled when Professor McGonagall demanded in an angry voice, "Where is Miss Granger, Mister Potter?" She seemed to have taken it as a personal affront that her favorite student was missing her class, even if it was a review-slash-preparation class.

Harry was a bit surprised by her question; his voice held a bit of his surprise as he stated, "Madam Pomfrey sent you the form about what happened." He really did not wish to proclaim to the entire class any more of the activities that Hermione and he were doing than he had to. It was one thing for the rumor mill say it, it would be another matter entirely if he was to admit how much he enjoyed Hermione's attention upon his fleshy-wand and what they have done together. Or how he had been missing her intimate touch, more than he thought he would.

The Professor looked startled by and suspicious of his answer. In a voice whose tone clearly stated that she knew she would not like the answer, she asked, "What form, Mister Potter?" She could not recall being handed any form from Poppy, let alone any form about Miss Granger needing to be absent from her class. That was a problem with standardized forms; one looked very much like another. Therefore, when a House-Elf had presented her a form that dealt with a Heritage Ritual, she had automatically assumed it was about a Hogwarts student notifying her that they were going to partake in the ritual on the Autumn Solstice, which was in two days on September Twenty-Second. While the Ministry handled the actual ritual, and time slots were allocated years in advance, Hogwarts and its student records had to be notified and updated, but Hogwarts only got their notice a couple of days in advance, flooding the Deputy Head-Mistress's office with them.

Before anyone could say anything more, Dobby popped in next to Harry and handed him the form. He, in turn, then handed it to her while stating, "This form, which has also been filed with Gringotts Wizarding Bank, as tradition and treaty require."

Professor McGonagall glanced at the form, noting her signature and that it was a standard Heritage Ritual form, one of several dozen she'd seen that day alone, not counting the all the others from the rest of the week, month, and years she had been Deputy Headmistress. Still a bit upset, a bit confused and not liking being on the defensive, she remarked, "So Miss Granger wishes to waste her time with the Heritage Ritual in a couple of days. That does not excuse her from my class."

He could only stare at the woman in surprise. Slowly, making sure he would understood, "It was not a waste of time, Professor. And that it not a request form, but a notification form of the results of the Heritage Ritual."

"Results? From a Heritage Ritual?" Professor McGonagall was startled. "But Miss Granger is a Muggle-born!"

"So?" Harry responded in a bored tone as he was getting tired of hearing that and that some a meaningless thing should have any bearing on such things. He simple replied, "Family magic has to start somewhere, Professor."

"But the Heritage Ritual is to be performed," Professor McGonagall started saying.

Harry interrupted her with, "on a witch's or wizard's seventeenth birthday, according to the Enchanter Tacitus, which was yesterday for her. As such, Madam Granger did so and gave birth to Granger Family Magic."

Her response was an owlish blinking of her eyes in confusion. Magic confirmed what he had just said. Enchanter Tacitus was the Merlin of Merlin's time. If anyone would know, Enchanter Tacitus would. Trying to regain some ground, she asked, "Even if Miss... Madam Granger did so, she should have recovered already."

"As Madam Pomfrey stated on that form, Madam Granger's magic core and body need time to adjust. So she will need a few days to recover and a couple more days to relearn the flows of her magic. While her body adapts, she will be under Madam Pomfrey's care. I will be taking notes for Hermione while she is recovering. Once Madam Pomfrey releases her, I will be helping her adjust to her new magic."

Surprised that her student and not a professor would be helping, Professor McGonagall could only get out, "You--" Before Harry interrupted her.

Feeling the slight that Professor McGonagall was about to give him, Harry stood up and felt something overcoming him, much like it did during Hermione's Heritage Ritual. He meant to say, "I stood as her Liege-Lord in place of her father, so I have a responsibility". Instead, in a clear and strong voice, he found himself stating, "House Potter stands!"

As those three words left his mouth, his clothes changed. The student robes he wore were replaced by the Lord Potter formal outfit. The outfit consisted of a sleeveless grey, golden-border chiton with a golden breastplate over it, grey forearm and shin guards, and attached to the breastplate at the shoulders a with red cape with golden border. His eyes held a glow of power that everyone present could feel.

In the voice of Lord Potter, Harry proclaimed, "I, Lord Harry James, son of Lord James Charlus of House Potter and the son of Lady Lily Hera of House Black, did stand with Hermione as her Liege-Lord for her Heritage Ritual, and will continue to stand as her Liege-Lord hence-forth. I do swear upon my House and to Magic, to uphold the Code and the Measure, defend the realm, and to shield the weak. So be it."

With his final words, there was a flash of light, and everyone felt Magic's acceptance of his words and oath. His clothing returned to his original Hogwarts students robes; though, the House Potter crest stood proudly above were the Gryffindor student crest would be. The Gryffindor Student crest was absent, and in its place was the Hogwarts School crest.

There was a palatable aura of power surrounding Harry that everyone in the classroom could feel, regardless of their actual magical-sensitivity. It was like nothing any of those there had ever felt before. The closest was when Dumbledore was angry, but that was like comparing a splash of red upon canvas to an actual multi-colored painting.

Harry returned to his seat, unaware of his aura of power being felt by all. He did ask several questions of those students that were having problems, starting a discussion with them, the rest of the class, and Professor McGonagall how and why they were having problems and what they might try to solve their problems. The most common solution was the tried and true one: practice, practice, and more practice.

After a little while, Professor McGonagall dismissed the class.

All the students left the classroom as quickly as they could, to share with their friends and others what had happened in class.

A few, like Harry himself, were pondering his words. Many took comfort in the fact that he was finally taking up his responsibilities and duties.

Harry, himself, was pondering what had happened as he had not meant to say that which he had. Also where the information he had said came from as he did not know his parents' middle names, nor how his mother, a Muggle-born witch, had become the Lady Black, Head of House Black, a house known as strong followers of the Blood-Purity group.

Even as he pondered this, the answers came to him through Family Magic. Family Magic was more than just an ability or speciality that a magical family had. Family Magic linked every family member together and defined that family within magic itself. All that a family is forms a part of their Family Magic.

It was the Potter Family Magic that had helped him overcome the various challenges that he had faced in his Hogwarts years. Potter Family Magic was as much a part of him as his green eyes and black hair. It made him who he was.

Black Family Magic, which he got from his mother, told him that the previous Lord Black, Cronus Black, was the one that opened his mother and made her his heir through adoption. It also told him that his mother was actually Squib-born from a minor cadet branch of House Black, who had broken off from House Black several centuries after the Founding of Hogwarts and House Black itself, and founded their own House, the House Grey, which his mother was the last of. The Grey Family Magic had been absorbed back into the Black Family Magic.

Apparently, magical Houses could be divided into smaller groupings, within the House itself, there were a main branch that inherited almost everything and then there were one or more cadet branches associated with that House. The cadet branches over time could become magical Houses in and of themselves, yet would still retain some contact with the original main House. Cadet Houses, especially those that had established themselves as a magical House on their own, such as the Founders themselves, could inherit from a the main House if it died out, as was the case with his mother.


Lunch at Hogwarts was a quieter meal than the others because with the various student schedules, it was the meal that was spread out over several hours and attended in small groups.

Many students had not noticed until they returned to the Great Hall, but Potter's throne, as many were thinking of it, was absent. This gave credence to the theory that Potter had conjured it himself. What that meant, many students were still pondering.

So it was a big surprising to the students currently seated in the Great Hall when Potter's throne returned just a moment before he entered the Great Hall, proving that he could not have conjured it, as he would have needed to have been in the room to do so. This lead to more speculation on from where the throne actually came. Interestingly enough, none of the students even touched upon the basic truth that Hogwarts was a magic castle able to adjust itself to accommodate all its students and faculty, providing resources as needed.

Harry, as he walked into the Great Hall, saw his chair and used it again, as he still felt it was the path of least resistance.

His thoughts were divided: going over the new information that Family Magic had provided him, the fact that Professor McGonagall did not seem to know or care about Hermione undergoing the Heritage Ritual, and he seemed to have an itch he did not know how to scratch or where it was located.

Like many, he did not see how over-worked and under-staffed Hogwarts really was. Most students only saw Hogwarts through their limited perception, seeing only the interactions that occurred during their classes and with their friends. They lacked the appreciation of all the preparation and administrative work that was required to conduct classes and run an institution like Hogwarts. They did not know that several professors had to double up to make sure all necessary duties were completed.

Professor McGonagall, as an example, had to triple up, as she had to all the work of three full-time jobs. In addition to which, she had to do several of the mundane tasks traditionally assigned to the Headmaster as Dumbledore was busy with his other jobs. In fairness, Dumbledore himself had several additional tasks that he found himself responsible for in addition to his regular three full-time jobs. For several of those tasks, he had originally only offered to give counsel, yet over decades found himself the one doing the actual work.

Once Harry had seated himself, he noticed that Luna and Neville were still standing, so he gestured for them to sit with him. Ron just sat down on his own in the spot to the left of Harry. Neville sat on the other side of Ron, while Luna sat on Harry's right.

Harry was a bit lost in his thoughts so he did not notice that neither Neville nor Luna took any food until after Harry, himself, did. Ron had just helped himself to the food even before he finished sat down, grabbing a bit of everything onto his plate. Even while still filling his plate, he started to eat as every third item went into his mouth instead of onto his plate.

As Ron stuffed his face, many of those around him shot him looks of disgust, all of which he ignored as he continued on.

Since beginning to meditate and to practice mind-magic, Harry had begun to become even more sensitive to magic than he had been previously, so he could not help feeling the magic and its associated emotions rolling off Ron. At first, he just assumed that Ron was jealous that Hermione came to him to swear herself and have him help her with her Heritage Ritual, and not to Ron. But he was not feeling from Ron's magic any feelings of fear of being replaced rather, rather he felt from Ron's magic emotions of hurt and failure.

"Ron", Harry called out in a gentle voice to get his friend's attention. Seeing no response, he made his voice a bit firmer, yet still quiet so that the others around would not hear him. "Ron!"

"What?" Ron replied a bit more forcefully than he intended. A quick look of embarrassment appeared upon his face. Feeling defensive, he remarked, "I'm a growing boy!"

With a tired look on his face, Harry remarked casually, "So my cousin... Do you wish to end up like him?"

Ron's face took on a look of concentration as he tried to recall Harry's cousin, he then paled. Defensively, he began, "But food is magic!"

Harry looked at Ron with a confused look upon his face. He knew he was missing something to understand Ron's reply, but now was not the time to try to figure it out. Instead, he began, "Ron, Hermione did what she had to do. We did ask if you wanted to help with the research we did and all."

Ron had a sour look on his face.

"You do know that you would have needed your Great-Uncle's permission to assist Hermione in helping her perform her ritual, right, mate?" Harry inquired gently.

Ron paused and then frowned. He had not thought about such matters before.

"Yeah, the Weasleys are one branch of Gryffindor's Children, and have stood fast within Gryffindor House since the First Class. You're a good friend and wizard," Harry stated. Several witches that had been politely ignoring their conversation were now checking Ron out as if seeing him for the first time. He continued, "But you would still need your Great-Uncle's permission--as the Head of your House--in order to assist Hermione. Do you see him giving it?"

When Hogwarts was new, it was not known for some time. In order to obtain students, the Founders had to go out and find those willing to attend their new school and accept the concept of requiring core classes for all students, regardless of their areas of study. Only those without anything to lose took them up on their offer, so the Founders ended up bringing many of the now-existing families into the Wizardry World, either from isolated magical enclaves or the mundane world. Those that the Founders brought in were felt to be--even by the Founders themselves--like their own biological children. So the Founders sponsored their students in the Wizardly World, giving them the status of being their magical heirs. Biological heirs took precedent, and with so many magical heirs for each of the Founders, the title of magical heir did not mean much, save for a few, and then only to define social groups and marriage contracts.

Ron sighed, knowing what Harry said was true. Even if Hermione had not been Muggle-born, one House did not get involved in the affairs of another lightly. The sanctity of a House was paramount within the Wizardly World. Then throw in the fact that Hermione was truly Muggle-born, and no one but a Head of a House or an orphan would help her. Of course, they might only help hoping that one called Muggle-born was actually Squib-born and would revive an old House.

Ron did not like to be remained of his family status in the greater scheme of things.

"Besides, mate, you do know Hermione isn't going to leave it at this," Harry stated. "She's probably going to move into the Hogwarts Library with all the research she'll want to do."

Ron frowned but had to nod his head in agreement. He quoted what many young wizards had said about young witches throughout the ages, "Girls are mental." With that, he returned to his food, eating in a slower manner.

Harry grinned and said, "From a wizard's perceptive, maybe, but that's half the fun."

Several wizards and witches looked at him after that. Half thought him crazy and the others were not sure whether they had just been insulted.

"Either way, mate," Harry began, "My godfather mentioned that--" He stopped as he noticed that there were others listening in. He discreetly cast a privacy bubble around himself, Ron, Neville and Luna, then continued, "Padfoot mentioned the importance of cleanliness and neatness to a witch."

Ron looked at Harry with food still in his mouth and a surprised look on his face and said, "What does that have to do with me?"

For a moment, Harry could not believe that his friend was that clueless, but then he recalled that Ron never really thought beyond when and where his next meal was. To be fair, he, himself, had not given much thought to settling down until Sirius had brought it up in one of their talks and had included numerous books and magazines within all the materials he had gathered to prepare for this past summer.

Smirking a bit, Harry asked Ron, "You do like witches, right, mate?"

Food flew out of Ron's mouth and Neville had a smile on his face. "Blimey," Ron remarked, "what kind of question is that?"

"That you need to clean up your act if you want some witch to be interested in you," Neville delivered the punch-line in a calm, clear voice.

Ron shot Neville a hurt look and opened his mouth to say something but Harry countered, "He's right, mate. You don't want to be an unus, do you?"

Defensively, Ron exclaimed not understanding the term, "I like witches!"

Neville shook his head, Luna continued to eat her lunch but kept some of her attention upon Harry, who did not notice as he was looking at Ron.

Harry replied, "That's good, mate. But if they don't like you back..." He let his voice trail off as he believe he got his point across. What Ron will make of it, he was not sure. "Sirius says it takes a bit of effort, but it's worth it, he said."

Harry removed the privacy bubble from around them and resumed eating his meal. He did inquiry a bit about how Luna's morning classes went, as not to exclude her for the wizards' conversation.

The conversation winded down and the four needed to head out to their next classes, save Harry, who was free for the rest of the day.

The others waited until Harry got up and took a step or two from the table before they, themselves, got up, taking his action as permission to head off to class themselves.

Not that Harry had any more classes for the day. He headed out towards Myrtle's bathroom with a slow pace. He did note that Luna was following him for some reason. So he moved over to one of the many alcoves, expanded it a bit, and waited for Luna to join him.

He noted that she was a bit nervous from her magic, and how her eyes would look around every so often. He would admit, if only to himself, that he was a bit curious what Luna might look like in her birthday suit. Was it terrible that Hermione and his exploration of their bodies, has made him curious about other girls? While Hermione had not mentioned it, he was not sure what future Hermione and he might have. He did know that, even the Black Family Magic, which was one of strongest of the Founders' heirs, magic or blood, was already begun to be assimilate into the Potter Family Magic.

"Luna," Harry prompted her gently.

Luna looked at him a bit startled and without thought said, "Yes, m'lord?"

Harry frown at Luna's address, it meant something. Something important. And yet, it was something he really did not wish to deal with at this time. While he did not regret helping Hermione out, it did put him several weeks behind schedule. Of course, he was a couple of weeks ahead of schedule coming into Hogwarts. Either way, Luna had sought him out, although, he could not think of any reasons why.

"Are you, my friend?" Luna asked nervously, afraid of the answer.

"Of course," Harry remarked in surprise. "Why won't I be the friend of such a brilliant, lovely girl such as yourself?" He was confused why Luna would ask that of him, although, he had a sinking feeling that she leading up to asking him if he would open her. He could read between the lines that Madam Pomfrey, at least, will want him to open more witches, and knowing Hermione, she will want that as well. Regardless, he wanted to see Hermione stabilized first and to review what happened before he tried with another witch.

Of course with Luna, he really could not, nor should, guess where her thoughts were leading. She did surprise him by stating, "If I'm your friend, then why won't you let me help you?"

He could only stare at Luna. Bewildered, he asked, "Help with what?"

Luna looked like she was on the verge of tears, and so he did the only thing he could think of he hugged her close to him. Which did not seem to help as he could feel the sadness radiating from her.

Realizing he did not know how long this would go on, he picked Luna up physically and carried her over to a chair he conjured and sat down, placing Luna on his lap, lacking anywhere else to put her and keep her close. In a gentle voice, Harry asked, "Now, what do you think I need help with?"

Luna wailed, "I don't know!" Through her tears, she inquired, "How can I be your friend and help you, if I don't know. Friends are to help one another. You've helped me, but I don't know how to help you."

Luna began to belittle herself and bemoan in what she thought how she was a terrible friend that was just using him. It got to the point where, Harry firmly yet gently commanded, "Luna, hush."

And she did, much like Hermione would.

Which was not something else he did not want to think about.

Harry explained to her how she had helped him deal with the loss of his godfather, and by extension his parents, as well as her correspondence over the summer and her help with several difficulties he had in understanding Runes and Arithmancy.

"Do you feel better?" Harry asked gently, to which Luna nodded her head, not trusting her voice. "Now, which class do you have?"

"Arithmancy," was Luna's reply, to which Harry nodded his head.

He picked Luna up and off his lap, which she wish she could stay there, but understood that she needed to get to class. In fact, she was probably late to class already. He took her hand and guided her through several secret passages that got them to the Arithmancy wing quickly and they both entered the classroom.

The entire class of fifth-year Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs students and Professor Septima Vector were looking at them as they entered.

With a charming smile, Harry called out in a good humor voice, "Good afternoon, Professor Vector. I'm sorry but I needed to borrow Luna for a bit. I hope there won't be any problem, and I could leave her in your care for your class." Seeing Professor Vector pale still, gave him a bit of pause that he might have said something wrong. But what, he was not sure.

Nervously, Professor Vector replied, "Of course, milord. I take good care of all my students."

"Very good to hear," Harry replied. What else could he say.

"Milord?" the Professor remarked to get his attention.

"Yes," Harry acknowledged her.

"If you would forgive my curiosity, I was wondering how those Arithmancy formulas you had sent me over the summer came out," the Professor inquired.

"It worked out very well," Harry answered. "I do thank you for your assistance, Professor Vector. Between yourself, Luna, and Hermione, I was able to accomplish what I needed to get done. I did take your suggestion and forwarded a copy to the International Guild of Arithmancer. I have also enrolled in their independent study program. You came highly recommended, by the way.

"Speaking of programs, can I have a copy of Hermione's homework assignment? She's going to be out of classes for the rest of the week, and as her Lord, it is my duty to get her homework assignments." He finished with a grin that sent most hearts a fluttering.

"Of course, milord," Professor Vector said. She tapped her wand upon a piece of parchment, and then levitated over to him.

Harry pocketed the parchment and said, "Thanks, Professor Vector. I'll see you around. Bye. Take care, Luna."

With that he walked out of the classroom and once both headed toward Myrtle's bathroom. This time, he was not interrupted. Before entering the bathroom is checked for any wards or spells that Dumbledore or Voldemort might have placed around it and found none but the Hogwarts wards which were part of everything within and without Hogwarts. But those wards would not alert anyone if someone was to enter or exit the bathroom, Death Eater or student. So he put up some of his own, weaving them into the local Hogwarts wards to hide them a bit.

He entered the bathroom and scanned for Myrtle, but did not find her. He again checked the entrance of the Chamber for any wards or spells, which he did find a few, but they were placed long before Dumbledore was born, even before the Ministry was born. These were woven into the Hogwarts wards much as he had done to the bathroom entrance, and could be easily missed if he did not know how such could be done. Still, he added his own and then walked over to the sink with the little snake there.

He concentrated upon the snake and whispered, "Open."

Harry let out a breathe of relief when the Chamber opened. He had been afraid that he had lost his parseltongue ability when he had performed his purification/healing ritual over the summer. His cursed-scar was almost completely gone now, not that anyone seemed to notice.

He thought a moment, pictured a snake in his mind, and then hissed out "Stairs". To which, the slide turned into stairs. He then hissed out, "Down," and quickly found himself at the bottom of the stairs in an almost blink of an eye. The magical escalator returned back into a slide. But he just shrugged his shoulders and continued on.

Once he got to one of the Basilisk's shredded skins, he leaned down, pressing his palms flat with the ground and began to chant. As he chanted, a blue circle of light surrounded the skin, the light flashed, and then the skin was gone. Or rather, the skin was now within a magical pocket that he could store anything within.

He then came to the cave-in, and using some construction/mining charms he had researched, he repaired the damage and strength that section of the tunnel that lead to the Chamber of Secrets.

He opened the Chamber and was surprised that the corpse of the Basilisk he had slew was exactly as he recalled it was when he was last there, several years ago, battling the shade of Tom Riddle. He saw the fang he had used to stab Riddle's diary, which he took up and placed to the side. Again, he leaned down with his palms flat on the ground and began to chat. Again, a blue circle surrounded the Basilisk's corpse which disappeared with a flash of light.

He then walked to what he felt was the center of the Chamber and sat down in a mediation position he come to enjoy. He let his senses and magic wash over the entire Chamber, feeling it, exploring it, and absorbing the sensations. Slowly, he worked on commandeering the wards of the Chamber, much as he had the wards over Privet Drive. Both were set to keep people out, and not really set up to deal within anyone messing with them from within. Still, the wards within the Chamber seem to have power and an intelligence to them. They seem to feel him out and measure him. They seemed curious about him and friendly. Which he had not thought was possible. After a time, he did not know how long, the wards were actively helping him, correctly some minor mistakes he had already made and seem to want to share themselves with him. In their sharing, he had come to better understand warding and such magic.

Once he was satisfied with his understanding and control over the Chamber's wards, he summoned Dobby and Winky to clean and set up the Chamber to his liking. He planned on using the Chamber for his various independent study programs, training Hermione in her new levels of magics, and just having his own place. As a bonus, he would be denying Riddle an access point into the Castle. He did hope that there was more to the Chamber than just a nest for the Basilisk.


Previous Index Next