Travelers Return: A peek at the "New" Juuban [Episode 118000]
by Zaxxon

Ranma felt Nabiki teleport into the room where the Martial Arts Club had met in. He could feel the smirk on her face, as she had noticed the uniforms the club had adopted. To which, he growled, "Not one word, Nabs-chan."

"Oh? And what could I possibly say, O Wonderful and Caring Master of Mine?" Nabiki remarked with humor in her voice. "That they haven't already shown you."

Ranma shook his head. Only with her enhanced hearing did Nabiki hear him mutter, "Bakas, all of them."

Seeing the funk her Master was in, Nabiki said, "It's time..."

Nodding his head, Ranma took his wife's hand, and they teleported together to just outside a shrine in downtown Tokyo. It was a typical shrine, unremarkable, save that it was as close to the center of Tokyo as one could get.

With a wave of her hand, Nabiki was in her sorceress outfit and Ranma was in his Unsui robes. Holding hands, the two walked in, noting the anti-evil wards and other protection the shrine had.

They were a bit early, but there was a crowd already there. The crowd was a mix of priests, devil hunters, magic-users, mikos, and martial artists. There was no mingling among them, save frowns and disapproving looks.

Ranma shook his head, he knew this would be difficult, but it had to be done. He calmly walked up to the front of the room, where a large, empty table sat. With his back to the crowd, facing the table, he bowed his head, and began to chant in a whispered voice.

At first, no one noticed Ranma... that was until everyone began to feel the power, none knew what spell or spells he was performing, and a few tried to stop him, but they were prevented from doing so by Nabiki and her magic.

The crowd watched in puzzlement as a gentle breeze moved through the room, cooling it off, and gathering dirt onto the table. A cloud of dirt seemed to settle over the entire area of the table. After a few moments, a miniature thunderstorm with lightening formed and also settled over the entire area of the table. Dirt, lightning, or rain left the table.

Ranma, still chanting, walked completely around the table, and then moved to the other side of the table, thus allowing him to face the crowd. The crowd gasped as they saw that Ranma's eyes were thunderstorms.

"Is that suppose to impression, child?" one of the Temple Masters scuffed.

"No, old man," Ranma replied sarcastically, "It's so you don't get lost."

A few laughed, thinking it was a joke, but then they looked again at the table, an exact replica of Tokyo and the surrounding lands stood on the table. The map seemed to be alive with activities; miniature airplanes, trucks and even very small people could be seen moving within the model.

As the crowd looked on in silent awe, yellow lines appeared running parallel to the ground, several patches of mist of various colors appeared as well, pools of transparent-solid colors also formed.

As each people in the crowd concentrated on the map, they could see themselves within the map, covered with mist for magic and transparent-solid color shading for chi/ki, as well as their respective homes.

In the Juuban Ward, a silver mist still hung there, although less concentrated then yesterday, nor reaching its borders.

Patiently, Ranma explained that the map was an actual metaphysical, real-time representation of the Tokyo area, with mist denoting magic, and transparent-solid shading was chi/ki. Its color indicating what type of what it was, and its tone indicated its relative, active strength. He explained that the yellow lines were the Dragonlines.

Several exclamations of impossible, legends, and the like were raised, as well as, a few sounds of puzzlement could be heard as well.

"Just so we all know," Ranma's voice cut through all the exclamations, silencing everyone. "Chi is the life-force of our World. Just as the easiest way for ki to follow through one's body is through the bloodstreams, so Chi flows through the Dragonlines, our World's bloodstreams."

"Then why is there bits of silver mist in some of the Dragonlines in Juuban," one of the martial artists asked. His statement brought another round of gasped from the crowd. With everyone look towards Juuban, the map focused and zoomed there, showing only Juuban, magnified.

Ranma sighed and said, "That is part of why we are all here."

Nabiki smirked and a few of the mikos giggled. Several of the priests frowned at Nabiki's outfit, but Ranma's voice brought everyone's attention to him.

"In the Olden Days," Ranma began. "The various devil hunter clans, magic-users, and priests were organized under the Emperor, for the most part. Lacking Emperor's involvement, for various reasons, under the Shogun of the time as well. Since the Meiji Restoration, this organization, for various reasons, has broken down to what it is now... practically nothing."

Several of the elderly priests nodded their heads; while Ranma's chronological peers were looking confused.

"This is unacceptable," Ranma stated firmly. He pointed to several moving black mists, the silver mist, and other points on the map. "As you can see, our World is endanger. Demons walks our roads, unnatural magic had until yesterday imprisoned an entire ward and infect the very Dragonlines themselves."

One bright devil hunter stated, "You mean to re-organize us, with you at the top."

"I mean to restore the original organization," Ranma answered the accusation. "Including being under the Emperor, or his designated Shogun. Or whoever the Heavens appoint."

"The Americans will not approve," one of the elderly priests bemoaned.

Ranma eyes narrowed and calmly stated, "I am not talking about civil authority as the Americans fear... I am talking about spiritual authority that the Jade Emperor gave to the descendants of Jimmu Tenno. It's purely dealing with our religions and spirituality, something the Americans can understand and respect."

With a small laugh, he added, "Of course, at present time, Akihito Tenno-dono is very busy, so we will help him by reforming the organization of his honored great-grandfather. Afterwards, He may reorganize us as need be."

Several of those present laughed as well, others did not, and a man in a robe frowned but then shrugged.

Ranma explained the old organization, and were the current clans, shrines, and Temples fit in. He explained who would cover what, when, as well as how to get assistance and some basic emergency procedures.

Eventually, someone got around to talking the big question, "And just who the heck are you?"

Ranma looked a bit panicked and fearful, but before he could answer, Nabiki did it for him, saying, "He's Onikirimaru Battousai!"

Ranma shot her a disapproving look, but Nabiki just smirked at him.

The priest that had accompanied him and Nabiki to the shrine yesterday stated, "He is... I have seen in action... It's amazing."

The man in the robe looked on in interest, he whispered to himself, "Battousai?!"

One of the martial artists smirked and said, "If you're Onikirimaru Battousai then, where's your sword?"

Unable to help himself, Ranma smirked, and pulled Onikirimaru from his subspace storage pocket, and drew it out of its sheath.

Several of the more sensitive took several steps back, while the rest just look on in wonder. All could feel that the sword in Ranma's hand was not an ordinary sword. Those that could recognize it as such realized that Onikirimaru was, in fact, a whole Ogre's horn in the shape of a sword's blade.

Ranma quickly put it away, and stated, "Yes, I am Onikirimaru Battousai. I also have several other names... But basically, I answer to Ranma, for the most part."

A few murmurs went through the crowd.

"Ranma what?" someone asked a bit defensively. Another accused him, "Are you a ronin?"

Ranma's eyes narrowed and stated calmly, "No, I am not a ronin. My full name is Ranma Saotome, of the Rando Ryu, of the Hosuseri Clan."

Silence met Ranma's pronouncement. The guy in the robe had a smirk on his face, and nodded his head as he realized all the puzzle-pieces fell into place.

The silence did not last gone. Accusations of Genma's crimes were huddled out by many. The fact that Genma had promised to have his son, Ranma, marry many of the Temple Master's daughters or Dojo Master's daughters come to light and just added to the mayhem.

Ranma sighed. He put a bit of ki into his voice as said, "ENOUGH!"

There was lightning once more were Ranma's eyes should have been, and his ki aura was visible to even the most unsensitive in the crowd. He spoke in a calm, firm voice, "Yes, Genma Saotome is my father. Yes, he stole many things from many people, some of who are in this very room now. But! What my father stole, he, eventually, returned or replaced as best he could. If you're missing an old scroll, look for a newer one that's in the same room, but different spot. If he stole food, you should have found some money there in place of it, or within the week of the theft. My father had some weird ideas what constituted martial arts training. As for any engagements, none of the engagements about joining families are valid. Until recently, my grandfather was Head of our House, after his passing, my mother assumed that role as my regent until I came of age, which occurred recently. Genma married into the Family, joining the Saitou House to the Hiruma House."

The crowd quieted down, not from Ranma's words, but that he looked like one of the Celestial Dragons, who had just called a lizard by some ignorant peasant, who would be tasty with ketchup.

Nabiki smirked. Whether her Master realized it or not, he had just elected himself as the organization leader. Which was for the best, he was the most experienced one there, and she knew, it was His Destiny, with a capital 'D,' to rule, even if her Master did not wish to be bothered with such mundane things as power and social standing.

Before anyone could leave, Ranma got their personal pledge from each, to fully support the efforts and to fully participate. Soon, all that were left were: Ranma, Nabiki, and the guy in the robe.

The guy in the robe clapped his hands in applause and said, "Congratulations, Saotome-dono. You are off to a very good start. The Emperor will be pleased."

Ranma looked at the guy and calmly asked, "And which emperor would that be? Akihito Tenno-dono or... the Jade Emperor?"

The guy in the robe smiled and nodded, "Both, actually." With that, the kami used both chi and mana, and yet neither, to fade from view.

Ranma stared at where the kami had stood, smirked, and whispered, "Hmmm... Will have to learn that technique."

Nabiki giggled uncontrollably until her Master stood her into His strong arms, and held her close. She whispered, "Only you when faced with a honest-to-Kami-sama kami, would only think about trying to learn their techniques, and not the implication of said meeting."

Ranma just blinked in confusion, he did not see any problems. He did see that the kami had left an envelope behind, that was addressed to "Ranma no Kami" that seemed to call to him. So he used the Force to call it to him. Right now, his wife needed him, so he would read it later.


After school, Usagi, Ami, and Makoto headed to the Arcade center to meet up with Rei, and compare notes. Along the way, they spotted a minor youma, so weak it did not register on the Mercury Computer, but obviously strong enough to cause a bit of property damage.

Before they could transform and deal with the youma, a red and black blur seem to jump at the youma, and passed through it.

The blur came to a stop behind the youma, and revealed itself to be an older girl, around sixteen years old or so, wearing a red Chinese dress with black dragons appearing on the dress, crunching down.

Ami found herself blushing as she noticed that the dress did not cover much, and what was covered, was hugged tightly. The girl, whoever she was, was obviously very healthy.

Makoto noticed that in the girl's hand was a drawn sword, which as she got out of her crunch, she returned to the sword's sheath on her back. The girl turned after to face the youma, and smirked.

Usagi noted that the youma was affected and the girl was defenseless, so she reached for her broach, unmindful that everyone would soon learn her secret identity. Only, the youma turned towards the girl, obviously, to attack her, and turned to dust instead.

The devil hunter, for that was what she was, nodded her head and walked over dust pile. There, she seemly prayed and placed a prayer-scroll over the dust pile. The prayer-scroll seemed to absorb the dust, and then turned to dust itself. The dust from the prayer-scroll was taken up by a wind that affected only the dust itself.

With that, the devil hunter leapt into the air and disappeared before the untransformed Senshi could ask her any questions.

Confused, Usagi asked her friends, "What was that?"

"How dumb can you be, Dumpling-head," Rei's voice answered. Rei, herself, was behind them, and had come upon them while they were watching the youma and devil hunter. "That was a devil hunter taking care of a youma."

"That's our job," Usagi exclaimed.

Rei's eyes widen in surprise, "Don't be silly, Usagi-chan. The Sailor Senshi are too important to waste our time on run-of-the-mill youmas. We need to concentrate on the Dark Kingdom, stop them at their source, and everything will be okay."

Usagi and the others just stared at Rei. Obviously, she knew that there was more going on and had not shared with them.

Rei sighed as she saw she had shocked her friends. She thought they knew. She motioned for them to walk with her, so they would not be just standing in the street. As they walked towards the Arcade, Rei added, "Look guys, Juuban has been known for its high level of supernatural activities since the beginning of the Meiji Restoration, just as Nerima is known for its Martial Artists. Besides, the Dark Kingdom is not the only source of youma in the world... It's just that those that come from the Dark Kingdom are more powerful then the others, which are, in truth, just nuisances. The true danger is the Dark Kingdom... You heard what Luna said about them."

With that, the four friends lost themselves playing various arcade games.


After playing several games, Usagi and her friends went to the ice cream shop, over Rei's objections, stating diets and other such reasons. But she ordered the same as Ami and Makoto, while Usagi order more then her friends' combined.

While they were eating their ice creams, another youma appeared, stronger then the ones they had faced. Again, before they could transform, a blue blur jumped at the youma and moved passed it. The blue blur resolved into a young man, around eighteen years in age, holding a Naginata, resting in his arms.

Makoto whispered in a sad voice, "Sempai."

Having heard Makoto's bemoaning of her lost 'Sempai,' the three other girls ignored her, but they too could not help checking out the male devil hunter, who was very fit and healthy. Usagi compared him to Mamoru. The devil hunter was, obviously, in better shape.


Ranma and Nabiki returned home, via teleportation. Nabiki waved her hand, and their clothing changed again. This time, Ranma was wearing his usual outfit, although, it was a bit more form-fitting, and Nabiki's outfit was a tight, small tee-shirt, and tight, small short-shorts. The outfit showed off Nabiki's cleavage, hips, and legs very well.

Ranma saw his wife's outfit, just grin, and said, "Show-off."

"Yep," was her reply. "If you got it, flaunt it!"

As they walked into the Tendo compound they both felt it.

Ranma signed and said, "Hello, Shampoo."


Options:

Previous Index Next