Idea ==== Setting ======= Ranma 1/2, Battle with Saffron X-Men, Phoenix Force has left Rachel Summers Background ========== - Ranma was born with the psi x-factor, TP/TK - To survive the Neko-ken training, Ranma's x-factor is prematurely awaken, and tied to the Neko-ken. - The Phoenix Force, a cosmic entity, after trying Jean Grey, Mutant Adventurer and Rachel Summers, Mutant Survivor, seeks one more in keeping with its nature. While Ranma is a Warrior. - Ranma uses his psi to learn an opponent's techniques Concept ======= The idea goes that Ranma gets so anger at Saffron, he is able to use the Neko-ken against him, and fully activately his x-factor. Neko-Ranma is able to copy Saffron's attacks and tap into his power source, netting the interest of the Phoenix Force. Using his Phoenix+neko-Ranma defeat Saffron, and saves/restores Akane. Akane awakes up in time to watch Ranma be cocooned by the Phoenix Force. Akane and Genma carry the cocooned Ranma back to Nerima. Meanwhile, Cerbero detects both Ranma's full awaking and the birth of the new Phoenix Force host, which, after the Dark Phoenix, scares the X-Men. A team of X-Men, lead by Jean are sent to investigate. While in the cocoon, the Phoenix Force repairs Ranma, so that when he emerges his body is taller, stronger, and better (a la Goku/Kenshiro). Unlike Jean, Ranma knows the dangers of a free Power-Up, and the Phoenix Force learns a lot of about humanity, good and bad, from Ranma. The Phoenix Force has fully merged and submerged itself into Ranma. Story Points ============ X-Men fearing another Dark Phoenix, or those that don't bow down to their philosophy. Nerima's reaction to Ranma being a mutant Ranma reaction to Phoenix Force, and his new place in the Cosmic Scheme of Things. Jean reaction to a new Phoenix, and her link to the Phoenix Force/Ranma. Possible Ranma+Jean fic.