Mephisto ======== --------- Backstory --------- Setting: Four months after the Ranma 1/2 manga. Mephisto, Lord of Demons, with his four Demonlords, decide to invade the Earth with their demon horde. He knows through prophecy that there is one mortal who could defeat him and his demon horde. To this end, he sends his demonlords to Australia, Europe, India and China, while he himself goes to battle the Chosen One. The Chosen One, of course, is Ranma Saotome. Ranma is getting tired of his life, or rather everyone else trying to live his life for him. After four months since the failed wedding and his battle with Saffron, the situation(s) has returned to manga's status quo... although Shampoo and Ukyou are slight more desperate and Akane is taking him for granted. While searching for a cure for Jusenkyo, Ranma finds an ancient scroll that contains a powerful martial arts technique. A day after he finds this scroll, Mephisto attacks. Ranma's battle with Mephisto dwarves his battle with Saffron. Only by using parts of the technique on the scroll does he manage to survive. He finds that his better opinion in dealing with Mephisto is hit-and-run, so that he is interupting Mephisto's spellcasting, forcing Mephisto to fight close-quarters. Everyone present can only bare witness to the battle that lasts several hours. In the end, Mephisto realizes that he had underestimated the Chosen One too much and prepares to teleport away. Half way through the teleportation spell, Ranma gambles and uses the technique he just learned. With the drain of the teleportation spell, Mephisto is too weak and Ranma slays him. However, the teleportation spell is now out of control and send Ranma into the Megaverse with a "piece" of Mephisto is fused with Ranma. However, everyone present believes that Mephisto casted a final spell to destroy his enemy with his dying breath. Mephisto's death and Ranma's final technique creates a barrier surrounding the main island of Japan, nothing living can pass through the barrier, neither human or demon. Ranma is hailed as the savior of Japan. Although Mephisto, himself, failed, his plans successed. The four demonlords send the world into disarray. Save for small pockets of resistance, the demons have conquered the world, save main island of Japan. News reports of the demon horde invasion are broadcasted into Japan. Within months, ninety percentage of the human population is killed. Only those with demonslaying or magical abilities or protected by similar survive. Using the year of protection that the Mephisto/Ranma barrier gives, Happosai and Cologne "create" the Ranma Saotome Demon Slaying School of Musabetsu Kakuto Ryuu, or just 'Ranma Demon-slaying School.' All of the Nerima Wrecking Crew, plus the other Martial Artists of Nerima are trained in this school. When that year is up, the demon hordes invade Japan and are, for the first time, completely defeated. All the demons that invaded Japan are slain with losses of human life and huge amount of property damage. Those towns/cities that survive are walled up for protection. Most of the other districts of Tokyo are leveled. From Japan comes the seed of the demon's defeat. Those excessing in the Ranma Demon-slaying school are sent out to the world to help those surviving pockets. A cult, based on the belief that Ranma is still alive, starts up and headed by Nabiki. Nabiki believes that Mephisto didn't cast a doom spell like everyone else believes but that he was actually trying to get away, but Ranma killed him and instead Ranma was transported away. Nabiki and the cult belief that through magic, Ranma could be returned to his birth world and lead the final assult to completely rid the world of demons. To this end, Nabiki comes a very powerful sorceress. All, but Nabiki, marry and have children. Live goes on. Come 20 years later, humanity is slowly but surely reclaiming the planet. ----- Story ----- Over 250 years later, Ranma's time, Ranma manages to return to Earth that he grew up on and he isn't alone. With him are: Reiko, female djinn, 2000+ years old, serves Ranma. Bra, female human/saijin, 20 years old, Ranma's wife. Also, Ranma isn't human anymore. Thanks to a misworded wish to the Eternal Dragon, a near-death Ranma was remade into a full-blooded Super Saiyan-jin. SSJ1 is Ranma's baseline (like Gohen). Ranma is surprised to learn that most of Tokyo is gone and only a walled city of Nerima remains.