==== Idea ==== Setting ======= Ranma 1/2, Pre-manga Concept ======= Nabiki joins Ranma on the ten year training trip Background ========== Ranma survives the Neko-ken training thanks to Bastet, Goddess of Cats, who has chosen Ranma as her new High Priest/Warrior/Avatar. As Bastet's avatar, numerious cats are attracted to him. After the Neko-ken training, which neko-Ranma takes out on Genma, Genma decides to stop by the Tendos for some rest. Mrs Aiko Tendo is dying of cancer, but hasn't told the rest of her family yet. Kasumi gets most of her mother's attention, and Akane gets most of her father's attention. Nabiki has to struggle to get either of her parents attention as result. Thus, Nabiki pushes herself harder then Akane in Martial Arts and harder in learning to cook then Kasumi. Aiko Tendo learns of Genma and Soun's promise to "unite the schools" and notes how close Ranma and Nabiki are. Knowing she's dying and that Nabiki is ignored by her sisters and all, Aiko suggests that Nabiki accompany Genma and Ranma's training trip, to ensure that the Saotome-Tendo engagement is fulfilled and to give Nabiki a chance, like her father, to fully learn Tendo Musabetsu Kakuto Ryuu... Aiko, also, explains that if Nabiki marries Ranma, the Tendo Dojo will be secure and her parents happy for her. To which, Soun gives Nabiki some scrolls on Tendo Ryuu, included are Soun's special techniques, the Demon Head, and Mountain-Strike. Mountain-Strike is a focused, point-blank ki-attack. With Nabiki along, Ranma is pushed harder, competing with Nabiki and learning from her. Nabiki is as much Ranma's student as Genma's. In many ways, Ranma and Nabiki's training trip is similiar to Genma and Soun's. Nabiki can get Ranma out of the Neko-ken, and take care of him while in neko-ken mode. Ranma and Nabiki grow very close. They make a great team together. They find Genma's forbidden technique scrolls, and study it... as well as other scrolls that they discover in their travels. They learn the native language of where they are and engage in various quick-money endenviours. Neither could imagine their live without the other. At Jusenkyou, Ranma and Nabiki heed the Jusenkyou Guide's warning. Unfortunately, Genma doesn't. Genma forces/tricks Ranma and Nabiki over the Cursed Springs. Ranma and Nabiki double-team Genma and kick him into the Spring of Drowned Panda. Panda-Genma, angered at being bested, blindly attacks a shocked Nabiki, whose knocked towards a Cursed Spring. Ranma saves Nabiki from being cursed, but is cursed instead. The Spring is Spring of Drowned Mystic/Shadow Cat. In mystic cat form, Ranma goes full Neko-ken mode... and runs away. Jusenkyou Guide suggests getting help from the near-by Amazon Village, Nabiki and panda-Genma agrees. At the Amazon Village, Nabiki notes the tournament, while panda-Genma notes the first-place prize of food. When panda-Genma starts eating, Shampoo is pissed and challenges Nabiki. Nabiki wins. Before Shampoo can deliver the "Kiss of Death", neko-Ranma shows up to protect Nabiki. neko-Ranma is as large as a large horse, with a very powerful battle aura. There is anger and intelligence in neko-Ranma's eyes. neko-Ranma trashes the Amazons. He defeats Shampoo and shedders her clothes leaving her completely nude to her embarrassment and joy of her peers, Mousse is the only Amazon to give a good accounting of himself, but he too is defeated and his clothes completely sheddered as well. Many of the Amazons are impressed by the amount of weaponary he has on his person and the size of his manhood. Before Mousse was thought of as weak... but now, many Amazons are interested in him either for his very large manhood or his ability to hide things. Cologne fairs no better then her grand-daughter, save she is pinned under his claw, where neko-Ranma is ready to kill her if she tries anything against him or Nabiki. Underneath neko-Ranma's claw, Cologne has the perfect view to witness the statue of Bastet coming to live. Bastet states that Ranma is her avatar/warrior/high priest... which sends whispers through the Amazon crowd (since it's against Amazon culture that males can be priests or favored by Goddesses). Bastet states that Cologne was one of her faithgul warrior-priestess for ten years, until Cologne killed an innocent woman and unborn child for Amazon "Honor"... Cologne continued for another 20 years without Bastet on her own. Bastet shows Ranma how to control his form and about the special powers of the mystic/shadow cat. Which are: metamorphoses, shadow-melting, shadow-teleport, shadow-strike, ki-claws, psionic powers to communicate with cats, telekinetics, and spellcasting abilities. Bastet states she is removing her favor/blessing from the Amazons completely. She takes Ranma, Nabiki and Genma out of China and into Nerima. Shampoo vows to claim Ranma for herself and kill Nabiki. Cologne vows to reclaim Bastet's favor, either by showing Bastet the error of her ways or getting Ranma into the Village. Ryouga is around, and pissed at Ranma for corrupting Nabiki, whom he thinks used to like him until Ranma came along. At the Tendo Dojo, Akane thinks she's the Tendo Heir and will get the Dojo. So she's very surprised to learn that both is incorrect. Also, Akane has forgotten her older sister, Nabiki. Nabiki is pissed that Kasumi is trying to replace her mother and that her mother died while she was away. At school, Tatewaki will want Nabiki more then Akane... and think that Ranma is a sorcerer for defeating him and "snaring" Nabiki.