Shadow Fist (Working Title) =========== (Based, in part, on Mephisto idea) Setting ======= Ranma 1/2, Four months after the Ranma 1/2 manga. --------- Backstory --------- Mephisto, Lord of Demons, with his four Demonlords, decide to invade the Earth with their demon horde. He knows through prophecy that there is one mortal who could defeat him and his demon horde. To this end, he sends his demonlords to Australia, Europe, India and China, while he himself goes to battle the Chosen One. The Chosen One, of course, is Ranma Saotome. Ranma is getting tired of his life, or rather everyone else trying to live his life for him. After four months since the failed wedding and his battle with Saffron, the situation(s) has returned to manga's status quo... although Shampoo and Ukyou are slight more desperate and Akane is taking him for granted. Ranma's battle with Mephisto dwarves his battle with Saffron. Only by using new, never-before-seen technique does he manage to survive, barely. He finds that his better opinion in dealing with Mephisto is hit-and-run, so that he is interupting Mephisto's spellcasting, forcing Mephisto to fight close-quarters. Everyone present can only bare witness to the battle that lasts several hours. In the end, Mephisto realizes that he had underestimated the Chosen One too much and prepares to teleport away. Half way through the teleportation spell, Ranma gambles and uses a all-or-nothing technique to stop Mephisto, once and for all. With the drain of the teleportation spell, Mephisto is too weak and Ranma slays him. However, the teleportation spell is now out of control and send Ranma into the Megaverse with a "piece" of Mephisto is fused with Ranma. Before, being sent away, Ranma instructs Nabiki to find a martial arts scroll that he's hide that will help save the World. The scroll is hidden within the burning Tendo dojo. Parts of the scroll are damaged, but enough remains to show the scroll contains a series of very powerful techniques and teachings. This scroll, Cologne identifies, is the legendary Scroll of the Shadow Fist. Cologne admits that the Joketsuzoku Amazons were once the guardians of the Scroll of the Shadow Fist, but was lost in a China-Japan war. Cologne had hoped that someone like Happosai or Genma took it back to Japan, and has been looking for it in secret. The Shadow Fist is a style design to fight and protect against Demons, Vampires, and other creatures of the Darkness. The Shadow Fist is divided into two parts, the Right-Fist, martial arts style, and Left-Fist, mystical arts style. A "flaw" in the Shadow Fist is that its meant solely for Creatures of the Darkness, thus, Shadow Fist techniques are only at 1/10th power against non-Creatures of the Darkness. Those of Nerima believe that Mephisto killed Ranma, with a final-strike technique, save Nabiki. Nerima, with what remains of the Scroll of Shadow Fist, becomes the center of the fight against the Creatures of Darkness. Nabiki becomes the High-Priestess of the Left-Fist, while Ryouga becomes the General of the Right-Fist. While Ryouga goes out to combat the Creatures of Darkness, Nabiki and four of the strongest of the Priestess of the Left-Fist mystically seek out Ranma and return him to their World. ====== Path A ====== Plotline 1A: Ryouga and the rest of the Nerima Wrecking Crew combat Creatures of the Night. Plotline 2A: Nabiki and the Left-Fist sisterhood returns Ranma to their world, as their Savior and Lord, as only Ranma knows both halves of the Shadow Fist. Plotline 3A: Ranma reactions to being kidnapped from paradise and returned to the Hell that his birth-world become. ====== Path B ====== Plotline 1B: Unable to locate Ranma, High-Priestess Nabiki journeys back in Time to before the Demon invasion, to secure Ranma and the undamaged Scroll of Shadow Fist. Plotline 2B: Ranma being divinely-inspired to recreate the Shadow Fist, thus Nabiki can't find what hasn't been written yet. Plotline 3B: Reactions to mirai-Nabiki, what she represents, and her devotion to her Ranma-sama. ===== Notes ===== Possible Crossovers - Sailor Moon - Oh! My Goddess/Ah! Megami-sama - Devil Hunter Yohko or any anime/manga with fighting supernatural forces Possible Relationships - Mirai-Nabiki and Ranma - Ryouga and Akane (Plotline 1A)