Idea ==== Settings Ranma 1/2, manga Street Fighter, concept Background ========== Genma Rokubungi(/Saotome), Nodoka Saotome, Soun Tendo, and Reiko Takahashi(/Tendo) are top-rated, powerful, well-know Street Fighters. It is at the Street Fighter Tournament that all four meet, and Genma and Soun proposed to their future wives. Nodoka and Reiko agreed to marry them on the condition that Nodoka and Reiko lost their matches to Genma and Soun. Nodoka and Reiko both lost through bad luck and Genma and Soun planning things to their advantage. Genma uses the Street Fighter fighting circuit to show young Ranma various martial styles: their strengths and their weaknesses, and their special techniques. Which Ranma soaks up like a sponge. Young Ranma, basically, grows up on the fighting circuit and various martial arts dojos. Many on the Circuit "adopt" young Ranma as a little brother or good-luck charm. Several of the younger female circuit members give young Ranma a lot attention, more then Genma would likes, but they are among the most eager to help Ranma train and getting to know him better. Many see Ranma as a rose bud, waiting to bloom, and be puck when it comes time, and they wish to do the picking. Foremost among these young women is Chun-Li, whom Ranma sees as his big-sister. Ranma arrives at Tendo-ke, and things go pretty much as canon, save he's waiting the time until he can officially join the Circuit on his own as an adult. Upon Ranma's birthday, Chun-Li is the one that voluteers to give Ranma is "membership kit" to the fighting circuit. Nabiki and Akane oversee this, and Akane draws the wrong conclusion. Everyone, of course, supports Akane and her disillusions, thus Ranma is kicked out until he apologizes to Akane. Tired of Akane and Nerima, and a burning desire to join the Fighting Curcuit, Ranma leaves Nerima to do that.