Gregg wrote a scene in which Nabiki made up a scroll to contain a mediation technique as an martial arts attack and bet that Ranma can't do it since she thinks that he can't sit still at all. My idea is that Ranma knows that Nabiki made up the scroll but uses it has an excuse to get away for a while. Before he goes, he "borrows" a number of scrolls on mediation and chi from Happosai and Soun. He spends time on studying the scrolls and seriously thinking about his life... He realizes that he had no friends, the truth about everyone, and that he's a prize to everyone... So to balance himself, he begins to mediate... Not truly caring, Ranma surrenders and lets himself go completely... For the first time ever, what ramains of "Ranma" feels free... then all of a sudden, Ranma is enveloped in pure love, acceptance, and comfort/peace. Three things missing in Ranma's live. Basically, Ranma has "connected" to the Spirit of the Planet Earth, Gaia. The connection is perament, not that Ranma would wish to separate himself from the only love he's known... Being bonded with Gaia, magnifies Ranma's ki and giving him unlimited access to chi as well as the fact that Ranma knows, unconsciously, where every living thing is, no one can surprise him anymore... plus he's tied into everything and everyone. Then comes the Dead Moon Circus with their poison death crystals... They affect Ranma more than Mamoru, but Ranma can over come it faster/better... To protect his new mother/lover/life... Ranma goes off to battle the Dead Moon Circus... those of the Neriman Wrecking Crew and Cologne that want to come with him, he tells them that they can come, but he will kill anyone that doesn't do exactly as he says. They are either follow him to the letter, or they are against him, and it's kill-or-be-killed... The Senshi are amazed and terrified of Ranma and the Nerima Wrecking Crew... They're all human with no major magic yet they tear through the Dead Moon Circus like stormtroopers... Ranma forces the Nerima Wrecking Crew into a precise, crack military unit... Afterwards, the Nerima Wrecking Crew leaves, the Senshi "corner" Ranma... The Senshi aren't happy about this new development... and Ranma/Gaia isn't happy about all the gaijins on her bosom and what they've done... Gaia has barely talorated Serenity/Usagi only out of respect for her son, Endymion (whom she's disappointed in) and respect for her daughter Selene/Luna/the Moon... Gaia is truly unhappy with S.Pluto calling her the "cursed one", "lost one" and the like... Gaia informs the Senshi, that it was the Senshi themselves that destroyed the Silver Millennium, and that she will not allow their evil to be done on her...