"Affairs of the Heart" or "Heart Strings" Summary and Notes File Setting: ???________ ----- Notes ----- It's the Silver Millennium, outside of the Senshi, mages are rare, save on Earth. On Earth, 90% of the population are mages, 9% are powerful psychic and the last 1% are ki masters... The Silver Millennium Earth is ruled by a council. Each member of this council presents an element... Prince Endymion's family is the ruling family of the Council, with both elements of magic and psionic. Next most power family after Endymion's family, are the Houses of Fire and Water, who have been at "war" with each other for sereval generations for various reasons. An incident involving representatives of Mars, Mercury, and the Moon "forces" Queen Serenity to act... Queen Serenity decrees that the heir/son of the House of Water is to marry the heir/daughter of the House of Fire, thus ending their fued by joining the Houses into one. Of course, both heirs have only been recently born when this was decided. Pluto sees through the Timegate that the offspring of the House of Fire and Water will be the Sorcerer Supreme of the Silver Millennium... and this child will be Beryl. Sorceress Supreme Beryl will be raised to hate the Moon Kingdom and Queen Serenity, since Queen Serenity forced her parents to marry when her parents hate each other. This Sorceress Supreme Beryl will level the Moon, kill Queen Serenity, but Queen Serenity will manage to send her daughter and her court to the future. A dark future that Sorceress Supreme Beryl rules with an iron fist. It will take all eight Senshi, plus Usagi's sacrifice, to defeat Sorceress Supreme Beryl in the future. Pluto starts to look for ways to avoid this dark future. Nothing comes up, until the son of the House of Water's fifth birthday. It is then that it's learned that in addition to being a major elemental wizard with powers in water (strongest), air, and earth, he's also a temporal wizard. Temporal Wizards are extremely rare... In the entire recorded history, there was only a handful of temporal wizards. Therefore, there isn't any elder temporal wizard to train the boy proper... Pluto, as the Senshi of Time, volutaries her "service" as mentor/sensei to the young temporal wizard since she's the closest there is to a temporal wizard. The House of Water with very little choose accepts. Pluto is surprised to see that the more time she spends with the young temporal wizard, the brighter the Future becomes and the weaker Sorceress Supreme Beryl gets. So Pluto spends a great deal of time with the boy... The boy grows up into a very handsome young man, and the Sensei-Student relationship between the boy and Pluto slowly changes to friendship and love, with a "dash" of lust. Realizing this, Pluto thinks about breaking up her relationship to the boy/man... only to see that the future result of breaking up their relationship would be a very angered Earth destroying the Moon and Pluto. Then Sorceress Supreme Beryl would get "out of control", forcing the Council to destroy her leading to a Solar Civil War in which Earth conqueres the Silver Millennium. In this Earth ruled Silver Millennium, female power-users like Sorceress Supreme Beryl, the Senshi, and others are seen as manipulating evil witches, so they are hunted down and killed. The Silver Millennium enters an European-like, misogynistic Dark Age, which since the Timegate would be destroyed Pluto doesn't know how it will turn out which would be after 2,000 years or so a Renaissance would occur and "straighten" things out... So Pluto doesn't break up the relationship, which reliefs her since she greatly enjoys the temporal wizard's company and she enjoys being about to share the burdom's of guarding Time with him. Time marches on, and Pluto finds herself pregnent by the temporal wizard. It turns out that it's only the temporal wizard's first child will be the Sorcerer Supreme and she's having his first child. Therefore, Beryl is the temporal wizard's second child and not the Sorcerer Supreme. Thus, the timeline "now" follows canon (mostly)... Only Pluto now has a son, who inherited both his parents' powers and is the Sorcerer Supreme of the Silver Millennium. Beryl loves her older half-brother and is greatly distressed when he's lost on assignment for Queen Serenity. Beryl thus aligns herself with Metallia... and the Fall of Silver Millennium... While waiting for the Senshi to be reborn, Pluto goes looking for her son. After a while, she finds his broken body and evidence that he casted a reincarnation spell simplier to the one that Queen Serenity had casted on her daughter and her court. In fact, it was he that taught the Queen this spell. Because of the similarities, Pluto's son gets sent to the same "area" as Usagi... At somepoint the Senshi gain an ally, and wouldn't you know it, to the surprise of everyone (including Pluto), it's Pluto's son...