Guidelines to be follow for Beta Reading for
|<zaxxon [at] sdf.lonestar.org>
||<zaxxon [at] sdf.lonestar.org>
- FanFics that need to be beta-read or pre-read or proof-read will
be sent through email@example.com. These emails should be easily
identifiable through the subject field with the tag [zbrl].
This is a Yahoo Group, so you need a Yahoo ID.
Once you have a Yahoo ID, you can go to
- Include the original text, on a separate line write from the
correction, and if not obvious like a typo (dei instead of die)
please state reason. I love learning new things.
> This original statement was in the present tense.
was --> is
reason: Tense should be present tense to fit within the paragraph.
- Please let me know me if you will take a few to get back to me.
All of times, I will be posting that part that I sent out to
pre-readers as soon as I make the corrections and and additions I need
- A glossary of terms I use and their "meanings" are available at
- Regarding the firstname.lastname@example.org, if I don't receive any response
from someone, I will remove that person from the list since zbrl is
for comments and criticisms.
- Conventions I try to use:
- Words between '*' (asterick) are bold face and meant for emphasis.
- Words between '//' (two forward slashes) are italic and meant
to show thoughts or telepathy.
- Words between '[' and ']' (braces) are author's comments, such as
time stamps or comments I want you, the pre-reader, to see.
- A field of '*' like '* * * * *' are scene separators while a line
of equal signs and dashs (=-=-=-=-=-=) is the separator ebtween
story text and message text. This is vary, although, I try
- I will have a comment at the end of the file, noting the end of the
file. Make sure it's there.
- I've try, but not always likely, to include line numbers to
help identify lines. There should be little to no linewrapping.
For reference, I use vim and ispell
to write my fics and webpages by 'hand.' I work full-time (40 hours a
week), and have Linux at home. I use the mutt (email program: http://www.mutt.org) and vim (text
editor: http://www.vim.org/) to
write my fics.
Last Updated: Mon Jul 18 00:31:25 UTC 2005
Author: Shaule Sachs, <email@example.com>